Chartered firm of Surveyors require a newly qualified Development Surveyor to join their thriving team.
From site identification through to product delivery, my client provides a bespoke or fully-integrated service, with an impressive client base of leading housing associations, local authorities and private developers. You will be working on a mixture of residential and commercial projects throughout Greater London and the Home Counties advising housing associations, local authorities and private developers on a wide range of matters, including regeneration and compulsory purchase matters. The role is client-facing, meaning from day one you will be on the “front line”, represnenting the eyes and ears of the company.
You will be:
- Providing support to the experienced team in the valuation of new homes & commercial units to be built or recently constructed. This will involve working away from the office inspecting properties and also undertaking office-based activities
- Advising existing land/property owners on their properties and redevelopment opportunities
- Working with external advisors as part of larger development teams including planning consultants, architects and viability consultants to advise on redevelopments and regeneration opportunities
- Advising housing associations on acquisitions and disposals
- Valuation of proposed mixed and residential-led new-build developments for both private and affordable tenure housing, as well as commercial space
- Reporting to clients in the form of Red Book compliant valuation reports
- Working with other departments in the firm, as and when required. This will involve advising on a full range of matters on commercial and residential property
- Advising on the valuation and other related matters of existing commercial and residential properties
- Advising on Developer Viability toolkits in relation to Town Planning
- Helping develop business strategy and winning new business
- Cross selling across a range services on offer
- Providing other occasional ad-hoc support within the development team as and when required
A RICS Registered Valuer, you will have experience in development consultancy but also:-
- MRICS 2019/2020
- Highly numerical with very strong analytical skills and experience of using Argus Developer
- Be a motivated and dynamic person, driven by results with the gravitas to attract clients and new business
- Experience of carrying development appraisals
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Be confident to meet, present to, negotiate against and socialise with a wide range of investors, professional advisors etc.
This position will also be expected to report to and work with all members of the team and other departments so a collegiate attitude is essential. In exchange for knowledge, drive and determination, our client offers a competitive salary, benefits package and long-term career progression.